Is running a Fun4USKids website a part-time or full-time commitment?
While your schedule can be flexible, owning a franchise is a full time commitment. You must have time available during standard work hours to be able to interact with local business owners. It is strongly recommended that you work weekend events during event seasons.
There are certain times during the year that you will work more and other times when you will work less. The amount of work required correlates with the size of the market. Larger sites require two or more people to share the workload. In addition, as your business grows, you will need to invest more time and effort.
What Does a Franchisee Do?
You will be dividing your time between updating the website, marketing the website and selling ads every month. Monthly, we provide you direction on what aspects of your business need to be worked on in order to keep up with seasonal events in your area and to be ready for upcoming marketing opportunities. You are the boss, so you determine when and how you spend your time to accomplish these goals. Here is an overview of common tasks that franchisees perform regularly:
Updating the website
- Searching for listings
- Reviewing listings submitted to the website
- Entering listings in to the directory and the calendar
Marketing the website to grow site traffic
- Posting to social media
- Sending out events emails
- Working family events throughout the year
- Delivering marketing materials around town
- Form partnerships with local businesses
Selling ads for the website
- Contacting potential advertisers
- Creating ad images (no graphic design experience necessary and no fancy software required)
- Posting ads to the website
- Management and bookkeeping tasks
You need to be comfortable with the following:
- Managing your time and possibly employees
- Learning new computer software
- Using a computer and basic office software
- Searching the Internet
- Data entry
- Posting and interacting on social media
- Interacting with local families and business owners
- Making sales calls
- Basic accounting skills
No website design or coding knowledge is necessary. We provide training and/or tutorials to ensure that you are comfortable with the software we provide and the website services recommend.Back Next