- San Antonio
The person in this role will be responsible for ensuring the website calendar content are up-to-date and as comprehensive as possible. We are looking for someone who is in-the-know about local family events and happenings; loves doing internet searches and spending time on social media. This person needs to be very detail oriented and have a passion for getting things right.
All work may be completed at home or any location that has access to the internet. All computer work can be done any time of day that is convenient for candidate. However, the candidate must have some availability Monday-Friday 9am-5pm for initial online training and must be able to attend monthly workshops which are held on Friday mornings (usually about 1 hour).
We provide a comprehensive training program, workshops and tons of support! Training will take approximately 4 to 6 weeks. There will be a 2-3 hour training session once a week with assigned work related to that training session each week. The training is cumulative, and each week builds on the previous week’s training and assigned work.
- Searching and finding family-friendly events around the market.
- Adding new events/listings to the calendar.
- Reviewing approving/adding all listings submissions, emails, and Facebook posts regarding website content.
- Verifying and updating recurring/existing listings in the calendar.
- Creating and sending out the weekly events emails.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must live in the market.
- Must be actively involved in local family activities.
- Interpersonal Skills – is outgoing, friendly, easy to work with and approachable.
- Detail Oriented – is able to follow the Fun4USKids guidelines and proof work.
- Communication Skills – speaking, listening, and writing effectively.
- Writing and Editing Skills - basic style and grammar rules, and should have the ability to condense information into a readable format.
- Technical Skills – comfortable learning new software, searching the internet and using social media.
- Organization Skills – must be able to manage own time, and get work done without supervision of follow-up.
- Flexible schedule. While most of the work can be completed at the convenience of the content manager, it is expected that the content manager will work a minimum of 3 days per week Monday-Friday.
- It is expected that the content manager will work a consistent schedule and will block out 2-5 hours a day to work updating and adding content without interruptions. This is not a position where you can work 15 minutes here, 20 minutes there, etc.
- In addition, listing submissions should be reviewed within 2-4 hours of receipt whenever possible
- It is expected that emails and messages will be responded to within 2-4 hours as well.
- Must be able to attend the monthly content management workshop – usually hosted on the 3rd Friday of the month at 10:30
- $600/month Calendar. The average workload is 7-10 hours a week. Mid-September through mid-December, it increases to 15+ hours a week. Over the summer, it decreases to 5-7 hours per week.
- Will be paid as a contract worker and will need to send us an invoice each week during training and then once a month thereafter. Invoice may be submitted at the first of each month.
- Tickets to local family events and attractions when available
Interested candidates should fill out the form below with your qualifications.